Keith Dicks Dad Not The Best

hi team keith dicks dad isnt verry

well

and ime sending my get well message to the board.

probably keith wouldnt post it himself.

but he is a good freind to most of us.

so i decided to post it here.

hop-e you guys dont mind. i posted it on g4, as he has many friends

there also.

marty

Well, I can't post on G4's boards but I know Keith visits here, too, so Keith, if you're reading, I hope your Dad gets well soon and has a complete recovery! You take care of yourself, too.

Love and Prayers,

Liz

I hope your Dad get to feeling better, Keith.

My prayers are with your Dad, you, and your family.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks all of you...

I'll post what I did in Marty's post on the g4 Forums so you won't have to go there to read it... :D

From my G4 Post:

Thanks all of you..

Basically we knew he had Emphyzema and I guess he had Skin Cancer in the late 70's.. I was gone for a very

long time traveling with various Rock & Roll Bands...

Anyways my Sister told me he had it taken care of, but when I moved back to my hometown I noticed he had a large

bandage cover something on his chest.. I didn't ask cause he's a grumpy 'ol guy & 88-years old.. hehe

Well I had to take him to the emergency room one night cause some food got stuck and the nurses were asking him about it..

He said he spilled paint thinner on himself years ago and he didn't get it off quickly enough.. Well that wasn't true..

Anyways I again took him to the EM Room about 2-weeks ago because he was having alot of problems breathing.. Then I saw

the X-Ray.... :(

Basically what happened was he had a tumor inside right where that bandage was on his chest and it grew into his left lung and collapsed it.. The doctors could do nothing because Cancer has spread everywhere and said take him home and let him live out his remaining days.. they gave him a few days to maybe a month or two..

So I moved back into my home where I grew up and have been taking care of him 24/7 along with the help of *Hospice*.. It's kind of hard right now because I am still out of work and luckly I just put a computer back together so I could access the net from here.. BTW, Dial-Up really Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

I have alot of catching up to do with him since I was gone for so many years and I have very little time to do it.. Atleast I have had the last year & a half to see him before he goes..

Anyways thanks guys and sorry for the long post.. I'll be around most every night now since I am here and I have a monitor so I can listen to him from my old bedroom upstairs..

It sure is kinda strange & creepy sleeping in the room I grew up in.. hehe

All the emotions and heart of this board and myself are with you and your father, Keith. I wish him god speed and hope you have a speedy recovery back into the work force...

Wow Keith...

Looks like alot of people are concerned.

That's quite a load to have to carry. i'm really sorry. It just bytes when crappy things happen to good people!

Do you have a large family Keith? i see you mentioned a sister and i see Hospice is involved. i'm sorry if i'm being to forward but...Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Take care of YOU too ...Ok bud?

Of course I have to add my Prayers and Best Wishes for your father Keith, and for you also my friend as I'm sure this is awfully hard on you as well.

If you need anything done that we may be able to do for you, please don't hesitate to ask us as I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would drop everything to help you out if possible.

Take Care Keith, and take good care of your Dad!!

Hang in there, Keith!

Reading your post made me smile when you wrote about the "paint thinner". Sounds like your Dad is a bit of a character!! And that he doesn't want a lot of "fuss", which is why I bet he is feeling very blessed to be in his own home with you! And as Echobay says, Hospice is great, use them, listen to them, they are angels.

And in case your Dad hasn't said it yet, "clean your room!!" ;)

Liz